Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Truthful Tuesday - Reality TV

Do you remember the time J and I were invited to the O Show to talk about the importance of communicating about sex in marriage? It was a packed show. We did not end up talking on camera but we did get to experience reserved front row center seats with our names on them!

Last month, I got a phone call from a producer working on a show for O's new network regarding an opportunity to be on the new show and talk to a sex therapist in person (and on camera). What I really wanted was the 'homework' and any 'homework materials'... We got to the 'let's schedule the taping' point before J and I decided we didn't want to do the show.

Filming was shaping up to be a logistical nightmare with our work schedules and would have taken time away from our kids. I already feel I didn't get to spend as much time with the kids this summer as I would have liked. Oh, and there is that little thing about both of us working in public positions at faith-based organizations....

It would have been a fun opportunity. Who wouldn't benefit from free professional help in that area? Whatever we're doing, I'd give it a 95%. Sure it would be nice to be overachievers and hit 110% but why be greedy?

I have to say, it was truly an honor to be asked. Maybe if they want to do a reality show about our mad crazy lives, we'd be up for that....

No comments: