Friday, April 16, 2010

The NRA Hates Me

Within 2 hours of arriving in Tulsa, my in-laws' phone rang. It was the NRA. As in the 'National Rifle Association'. EVERYONE was there - J's parents, siblings and their spouses. No one wanted to answer the phone, so I did.

I put on my best thick southern drawl.

The call went something like this:

NRA
"Good evening, Ma'am is Mr Widney at home?"

Me
"He's not available right now but how can I help ya?"

NRA
"I'm calling to invite Mr Widney to become a member of the NRA."

Me
"The National Rifle Association??
Oh my word, that would just scare me to no end!"

NRA
"Ma'am, it's really not that scary at all.
(insert NRA schpeel)"

Me
"Well Sir, I'm a Demo-crat."

NRA
"I'm sorry, Ma'am. Have a nice night." CLICK

Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a democrat. I'm Canadian.
Look at what I played with immediately after that phone call!

1 comment:

Holly Jolly said...

LOL! That is hilarious! :) I would have had such a hard time keeping my voice even ;) Great Job!