Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Am 40 Today

I am 40 years old now.
For the first time in my life, I actually do feel different.

When my mom was my age, she was a working wife with 4 kids and had moved to a new house in a new country. Her oldest son was in grade 8 and told her he didn't believe in God.

When my mother-in-law as my age, she had 3 kids, and her oldest, my husband J, was 20 years old - just 1 year from meeting me. She bought 3 Kirby vacuums that year because they gave her such a great deal.

When both of my husband's grandmothers were my age, they had just become grandmothers - to J.

Am I where I thought I would be at 40? No. But then I didn't know you could be best friends with your spouse and have children that I feel destined to parent.

2 comments:

Mommy Project said...

Happy Birthday, Mony!!!
All the very best wishes for a fantastic 40th year (and, btw, you don't look a day over 30)!
Love and hugs,
namk.

Heather Kay said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!