Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson 1958-2009

The Michael Jackson I grew up watching was a person who broke down walls and stereotypes. He was someone who paved the way for a lot of talented people of color.  Michael Jackson effected a cultural shift felt worldwide. And yes, Michael Jackson was an incredible talent.
Michael's music was the theme of much of my life, as a kid in the '70's, a teenager in the '80's, and a young adult in the '90's. Michael was there. The very first concert I went to was a Jackson 5 concert in 1981 - 3rd row, center. 

I will miss Michael Jackson's music. And I know his family will miss his love.

2 comments:

Heather Kay said...

I'm right here with you on this one. My daughter makes fun of me for my love of MJ's music. Kids these days...

Jen said...

Lovely tribute! I especially liked your last line - so true.