Tuesday, March 10, 2009

American Idol - Live Week 4

This is where I give my 5th Judge, person @home point-of-view. It's what this real person thinks about the performances each week. 


Songs Theme:
Music from Michael Jackson. Good luck. Michael is not an easy song choice.

#1 - Lil Rounds
Lil sang 'The Way You Make Me Feel. It was a good performance. I don't think it was a memorable performance. Nothing wrong with it. Just not amazing. I don't like the outfit. Little too much junk showing in that trunk.

#2 - Scott MacIntyre
I didn't recognize the song as a Michael Jackson song. Scott's performance seemed very Elton John-ish. 

#3 - Danny Gokey
Danny sang PYT. You would not recognize the song as having been Michael Jackson's. It was soulish and rock hard. Loved it!! Simon said the vocals were brilliant but the dancing was hideous.  I agree. Paula needs to meet with Danny on his choreography next week. 

#4 - Michael Sarver
Michael sang You Are Not Alone. The beginning of the song and the middle were great. The ending was pitchy, pitchy, pitchy. It seemed a little sweet and churchy. 

#5 - Jasmine Murray
Jasmine sang I'll Be There. I hate it when people sing songs about being there the next day. I don't think she brought it. It was flat and pitchy. I really like Jasmine. I want her to come back. Jasmine could be a Miss America. She has such poise.

#6 - Chris Allen
Chris chose to sing Remember The Time. He should not have brought out his guitar. It was like a karaoke where you could bring your instrument. He was moving around so much for a song that does not lend itself to it. I think this song highlighted how average Chris' voice is.

#7 - Allison Iraheta
Unfortunately, our DVR messed up so I could barely hear the song. What I did hear, sounded strong. 

#8 - Jorge Nunez
Again with the DVR. What I did hear was a vocal showcase. However, according to Simon, Jorge picked the wrong song and it was out of his depth. I'm just going to go with Simon as I usually agree with him.

#9 - Megan Corkrey
Megan picked Rocking Robin by Jackson 5. Perfect song choice. Fun! It was very Megan. It almost seemed like watching Amy Winehouse pre 24/7 drug use. The judges were harsh on her. I thought it was great.

#10 - Alan Lambert
Alan chose Black & White. It was KISS meets MJ. I wasn't so sure about the song at first. But I think he put his own spin on it. I don't think it was the very best vocal, but there were some real highlights.

#11 - Matt Giraud
I did not hear ANY of Matt's performance. Feedback from judges seemed positive 

#12 - Alexis Grace
Thanks, Comcast. I got nothing.

#13 - Anoop Desai
How frustrating. Don't ever get Comcast cable if you can at all avoid it.


Check back tomorrow to see which 2 went home!!
Maybe by then, Comcast will be working...

Alright. So Comcast still has some issues. 
However, I can report Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez 
were sent home.

3 comments:

Mommy Project said...

I think the judges raved a bit too much over Alan's performance. To be honest, it just wasn't my gig at all. I think Danny Gokey stole the show and I'm going to predict, right now, that he will take it all...despite the smoke they are blowing up...Alan's way. I had very high hopes for Lil Rounds, but last nights preformance (and outfit) did not impress.

And, I have to disagree with you on one contestant here, Mony - Megan. Are you kidding me? She seems like a really, really, nice girl but that was just horrible. Really, really, horrible. I mean, "Rockin' Robin"? C'mon. And the relavency is...what? When she did the "CaaaW, CAAAWW" at the end I nearly fell off my chair. The worst thing i've ever seen or heard.

(but that's just this 6th judge's opinion).

;-)

Shan said...

I agree with the Mommy Project, Danny stole the show. That being said I really didn't care for Michael Jackson night. I am so not a fan. At all. And Rockin' Robin and the caw at the end... not good.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

See, I missed all of that madness because of the DVR messing up. Thanks so much for your input!! Now I know the truth!