Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Job


I am thankful for Thanksgiving. I have been looking for a part-time job that would enable me to work around J's hours. It has been difficult to do. Then the economy tanked. And I thought for sure I was never going to find anything. 

MAM, my writing instructor and I struck up a bit of a friendship. One day, while reading her blog/site (she's famous, check her out on Wikipedia here), I read that she couldn't get it all done and maintain a great relationship with her partner (bit of a paraphrase). I offered to be her personal assistant. And she took me up on it!! It works out to be about 5 hrs/week. I enjoy it, but I needed a few more hours!

We were invited to MAM's for Thanksgiving dinner. There, I met DL who was looking for a personal / research assistant. He suggested I send my resume to his admin assistant. I did. Last week, we met at a coffee shop for an interview. Yesterday, I received an email from him with a job offer. 

This job is a minimum / average of 10 hrs/week. I can do most of that from home, and I can still do work for MAM. It is everything I asked for and more.

I am soooooo thankful for Thanksgiving. 
And MAM. And DL. 

Please head over to The Mommy Project where my dear friend from childhood has a weekly Thankful Thursday posting. She found some statistic saying that being thankful makes you 25% happier.  
Now, she's pregnant (got a mommy project in the oven, so to speak) and has been busy with gingerbread cookies this week, so I'm linking to her last week's
Give her some slack - I'm really thankful for her.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on these jobs - they sound perfect.

I'll add my thanks to yours!

Shan said...

That sounds fantastic. Good for you. And I'm thankful for her too!

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

Congrats on the DL job! Yay!

Mommy Project said...

Hey! That's *terrific*! I'm so glad for you. :)
And...thanks for playing again and...for the slack! ;-)
Dave and I are sitting in the middle of a bit of a nuclear explosion these days!!! :-0
{The perfect time for Thankful Thursdays, actually).