Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Motor Mouth Missing Grandpa Fly Guy


I wrote the following on another bloggers' site, in response to something she posted about her daughter:

Motor Mouth misses his Grandpa Fly Guy so much. We don't know what to do. Motor Mouth and Grandpa Fly Guy have had a special bond since Motor Mouth's birth. It breaks my heart knowing Motor Mouth misses the person he loves more than both of his parents combined (not an exaggeration). At the same time, it frustrates us because there is nothing we can do about the distance and he tells us so many times a day how much he misses Grandpa Flyguy, it just gets old - how horrible is that for a parent to say? I feel inadequate and ill equipped to help my son.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Really, I have been on both ends and middle of this. First we took our children away from their grandmother. Our daughter 2 months after the move lost all her hair (She was 3 at the time) due to missing her grandparents. Second, now my grandchildren live in a different state, so I miss them GREATLY. I have to say I sometimes wonder if God really did move us as we always said. Because I have missed so much of My family. I have missed funnerals, I know that sounds so weird but it is a big life event of friends and distance realatives that if I lived closer would have attended. I have missed retirement parties my list could go on and on. Now I missed my grandchildren trick or treating, , just as my mother did. So many things. So my advice, is enjoy your extened vacation, do Gods work, learn what he has for you and get the heck back close to family!!!!! Just my humble opinion.
anon #@

Anonymous said...

Thanks anonymous!!!!!

jasonwidney said...

Or they could always get a great condo here!

Anonymous said...

sorry J condo not the same, one day you will be older and understand.
you're welcome grandmadonnamomma.
anon#2