Thursday, October 16, 2008

Small Group

This post is long overdue. I can't believe I held off for so long from sharing this with my blog buddies. Maybe it is one of those times when something is so dear and so wonderful, you just don't want to jinx it by saying it out loud.

Tonight was our small group night. Small groups at Park are where people with similar interests - or the same free night - get together to have community, pray together, be authentic, have snacks, and oh yeah, spend some time going through a Bible study (a review of what was preached on Sunday).

When we were here for our interview weekend, we were told how important small group is to building community with people in church. J and I had discussed working at spending more time with people last December. So, that fell in line with our goal as a couple.

We were in a different small group at first. It was a great group of people that we would have loved to have gotten to know. But it was just too far and I would have needed a part-time job just to pay for the child care each week. Sadly, we just couldn't do that group.

After several months, we were connected with a different group. Tonight was the third or fourth time together.  I came home tonight and am just soaring. I love our our small group. It's a great fit. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

No comments: