Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sorry Guys!!

EJ, Bubba, Reni Bird

I can't believe I forgot to tell you this!!!!!!!!

Friday evening - 4th of July - we were at Navy Pier, with J's brother, his wife, their 3 kids and about 2 million other people. Reni Bird says she has to pee.  I love her. I decided to take her and Motor Mouth. Motor Mouth didn't have to go, but a little prevention goes a long way.

For some reason, I thought the restrooms would be line free, as usual. Not so, Tonto! There were over 50 men & women in line ahead of us. Reni Bird was holding herself and dancing - not in the 'to music' kinda way. 

I started singing. The only songs I could think of, all had to do with water. Jack and Jill went up the hill, Itsy Bitsy Spider, It's Raining It's Pouring, 3 Little Fishees, Row Row Row Your Boat - you get the idea. Still, I tried to get her to sing.

By this time, Motor Mouth has to go - bad! Neither child wanted to sing. Maybe it was my lack of singing ability in public. Or, they were too embarrassed by my hand motions to the songs, I guess. Or, maybe they just had to pee so bad and the water songs were making it worse.

I decided a diversion might work. I called Grandpa FlyGuy. They LOVE Grandpa FlyGuy. Yeah, that didn't work so much.

I looked at Reni Bird's face and knew I had to resort to Plan D.  It went like this:

"Hey Man, is there a long line up in the Men's Restroom?"

To which he replied, "No. No lines at all."

I grabbed the kids hands, said to the ladies in line behind me, "Desperate times call for desperate measures", and walked past the line of women shooting daggers at my back for cutting into line.

Oh no she didn't!!  Oh yes she did!!

I opened the door to the men's restroom and declared:

"Sorry guys! I have two 5-year olds that are about to wet themselves."

BOTH stalls were EMPTY!! Reni Bird had her own stall. Motor Mouth and I did our thing in the other. Yeah, I took the opportunity - there were over 50 women in that line!

I never raised my eyes above floor level and could not tell you how many men were in there, or what their shoes looked like. I was not looking!!

Accident averted. We made it back just in time for the fireworks show.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

SAILING?!?! WHAT?!?! Are you just loving life these days or what?!?! I could NOT be happier for all of you even though you are still missed in T-Town. I MUST plan a visit soon!
Love you!

Oh, and I FINALLY ordered a replacement phone today! HAHA