Saturday, May 3, 2008

Passing the Torch

Tonight I conducted my last fundraising banquet meeting. For 11 months, I served as chair, working on the planning and implementation of the 4th annual Crisis Pregnancy Outreach fundraising banquet, celebrating 25 years of service to the Tulsa area. And now, I have had to hand over the reigns and walk away with just 1 month to go, before the main event.

Becky is going to be an amazing chair. Paige and Amy will be great supports to her, as they have been to me since September. And Cheryl's team of dedicated assistants will help to make this banquet the best banquet ever. I have full confidence that they will excel and the young women who rely on the services of this organization will benefit through the services the funds from the banquet will provide.

I feel terrible to leave the team now. I love this organization and everything it stands for. It is just hard to walk away from my commitment before seeing it to completion.

And then there are the other things we do for CPO. I'm passing the torch on several other areas and it feels like my heart is being ripped from my chest. I know I need to focus on my family right now, but CPO has been my family for 5 years.

Thursday March 20, 2008 - 08:19pm

No comments: