Friday, December 7, 2012

Strep Rash

Strep Throat + Rash = Strep Rash
AKA Scarlet Fever
Treatment: Antibiotics and Patience

I was sick for several days with a REALLY sore throat. Knives. I knew what it was but hoped beyond hope that I was wrong. Sadly, it was, in fact, strep throat.

Normally, it's not a big deal for me. Go to the doctor, get meds, done. But we, like so many other hard-working people in America that work over 40 hrs/wk, do not have medical insurance. Sadly, it boils down to a choice between going to the urgent care for $140 cash plus the cost of testing and $75 for an antibiotic or getting your kids' Christmas presents and risk getting complications that could affect your heart.

We got lucky. I got antibiotics. Rash and symptoms gone. Hmmm...ObamaCare doesn't seem so bad after all....

No comments: